[mythtv-users] Multiple Instances of mytglogserver

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Sep 8 14:53:05 UTC 2013

On 09/08/2013 12:07 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 7 September 2013 22:02, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> I raised the loglevel to crit, but removed --logpath on my latest upgrade to
>> 27-rc1
>> And ended up with multiple (30+) instances of mythlogserver running!
>>
>> WHAT?  Anyone have any idea why?
>>

> it's an issue that plagued 0.26 too unfortunately.
>
> you can compile myth using --disable-mythlogserver and bypass the issue entirely

Thank you, Jean-Yves

I never had that problem with any version of .26. It seems that it is
triggered by the *lack* of a logpath. At least I experienced no problems
with .26 or any pre-.27 or even .27-RC1 until I removed the --logpath
direction from the mythbackend invocation in the systemd service file.

This morning I pushed the --loglevel to emerg and re-instated the
logpath direction. I will check later today to see if that has remedied
the situation. That will at least provide some breadcrumbs on the trail
to finding the error!

And then I will re-compile following your suggestion.

Geoff

Daffy definition:

'mytgloserver'   A high end ski chalet where the waiters bring the glog
to your table.

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Mandamus Publishing Inc.
               www.mandamus.ca