[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu 10.04 0.23 to 0.25 autoexpire failing now?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 8 10:47:48 UTC 2013

On 6/09/2013 2:02 a.m., Michael T. Dean wrote:
  The /media/repo{x} directories are all owned
>> by root.
>>

> You need to check every directory in the path for ownership and
> permissions:
>
> ls -ld /media/{,repo*/{,mythtv/{,{recordings,livetv}}}}
>
> and should probably check the ownership and permissions on the recording
> files, and compare with the user that's running mythbackend.

Some of the very old recordings and files are owned and grouped by
{OldUser} instead of the majority who are owned and grouped by mythtv
(mythbuntu) in all 3 repositories (repo, repo1 and repo2)

Seems I can find the misnamed files by owner and group:

sudo find /media/repo/mythtv/recordings -user {OldUser}
sudo find /media/repo/mythtv/recordings -group {OldUser}

and correct the files from within the relevant directories (?):

sudo chown mythtv *    {Change user}
sudo :chown mythtv *   {Change group}

However in nautilus the newly changed files are now listed with owner as
"mythtv -" whereas the others are "mythtv" which suggests to me I am not
quite achieving what I need to? (Where does " -" come from?!)