[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 21:10:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/06/2013 01:51 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I set a test recording up this
>> morning, watched the box turn itself on, went out and tackled some chores,
>> came back and found the box off again, with a successful recording in my
>> media center.
>>
>> I did amend the three lines for the four in my setwakeup.sh prior to the
>> test.
>>

> Good to hear. No fair keeping us in suspense, please pastebin your final
> setwakeup.sh and /var/log/mythtv/setwakeup.log.
>
> --
> Bill
>

> I'd seriously consider getting a copy of the find-orphans.py script and
> running
> it. Roughly 12,000 of the 16,000 lines in you log file are caused by the
> backend
> trying to delete some files that don't exist. That will go on forever 'til
> you
> fix it.
>
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Find_orphans.py<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py>
>
> But that's a topic for another thread.

Great idea, I did manipulate a few recordings through the GUI in the early
days. I took a look at the link, and I see two scripts there. I suspect
that running one or both of them is pretty basic, but I'm not sure what to
do with them as well as being open to any pointers you'd like to offer.

Thanks in advance, Daryl