[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime does _NOT_ do US OTA, what does?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Sep 6 13:55:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Robert M. Riches Jr.
<rm.riches at jacob21819.net> wrote:
> A week or three ago, I asked for suggestions for a network-based
> TV tuner for US ATSC over-the-air.  Sadly, the HDHomeRun Prime
> is incapable of tuning US over-the-air channels and is cable-only.

I'm sorry for being one of the people who gave you bad advice.

In your original message, I don't think you included the phrase
"over-the-air" explicitly.  I didn't realize you were looking to
record from an antenna.  It's not a common configuration these days.

The HDHR dual is what you want.

Eric