[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 5 22:23:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 23:12:14 +0100, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 09/05/2013 04:51 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>>> I did get asked for the password however.
>>> Daryl I'm not real knowledgeable about these things but if you did get
>>> asked for a password then that probably
>>> indicates a problem with your sudoers file / setup. I think when the
>>> script runs you won't get the prompt for the password when that line is
>>> executed (I assume because it is mid execution of the script) so it
>>> automatically fails hence why Bill put the emphasis on the password
>>> of testing that command line. I assume sudoers needs to be set to
>>> overcome this exact failure type.
>>
>> Just bad instructions on my part. The 1st sudo will prompt for a
>> password.
>> The 2nd didn't (the test sudoers part.) Sorry for the confusion.
>>

>> --Bill
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/6068212/
>
> Here it is,Daryl

Looks ok but I'm guessing you cut & pasted it from Stefan's email and may
have corrupt characters (Tab/newline etc) in it.

That's also the version intended for Mythwelcome, which I believe sets the
time in a different manner/format (via mythshutdown). Harmless but
explains Bill's earlier comment about it not actually doing anything.

I suggest you recreate the file by cut & paste from the wiki
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup#Integrate_into_MythTV
Remember to make it executable ("sudo chmod +x setwakeup.sh")