[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 21:51:52 UTC 2013

Let's run the setwakeup.sh command as the mythtv user (in order to test

that the sudoers.d/mythtv file is doing it's job. Do this:

    sudo su mythtv

    sudo /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh 1390000000

    exit

You *shouldn't* get prompted for a password. What is the result?

--

Bill

mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Well,I think you've zoomed in on the problem with that chain of commands. I did get asked for the password however.

Daryl I'm not real knowledgeable about these things but if you did get asked for a password then that probably indicates a problem with your sudoers file / setup. I think when the script runs you won't get the prompt for the password when that line is executed (I assume because it is mid execution of the script) so it automatically fails hence why Bill put the emphasis on the password aspect of testing that command line. I assume sudoers needs to be set to overcome this exact failure type. Unfortunately I don't know enough to help you troubleshoot but  you could always try (just as a once off test) the suggestion from the wiki to uncomment the following line using "sudo visudo" in the /etc/sudoers file %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
and then add mythtv user to the "wheel' group. I believe the command to add an existing user to an existing group would be: sudo usermod -a -G wheel mythtv Hope this helps somewhat otherwise I will let the experts keep doing their thing!!Mark