[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Sep 5 17:08:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Tue Sep 03, 2013 at 11:18:08AM -0700, Karl Newman wrote:
> > Does commercial flagging work when scheduled to start when the recording
> > starts? In 0.25 at least (maybe it was fixed sometime later in 0.26), it
> > hits end-of-file and aborts, so I have to run it after the recording has
> > ended.
>
> If this is broken for some, I'd suspect it's due to variable frame-rate
> recordings.  The flagger doesn't know about EOF, it just tries to stay
> about
> 30 seconds behind real-time by sleeping a little more or less every so
> often.
> It does this by counting frames though, so if the frame rate is not
> constant,
> it can over-run the end of the file.  I believe it would be possible to
> update the flagger to detect when it was near the end of the recorded file,
> but no one has looked into this yet.
>
> --
> Chris

Hmm... I'm using the IVTV driver, so it's MPEG2 (-TS I think; maybe -PS)
from a Hauppauge PVR-500. I don't know if it's variable frame rate (I don't
think so, probably just NTSC fixed rate). It used to work correctly until
0.25, when I suspect something in ffmpeg broke. I just don't know if it was
fixed yet, in 0.26-fixes or master.

Karl