[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 5 12:41:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 13:05:37 +0100, Roger Siddons
<dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 23:13:17 +0100, Daryl McDonald
> <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Did the log not identify that idle conditions were detected? There have
>> been times, days ago that I would open the frontend only to get a
>> starts automatically, so I would just close the front, open the back
>> and close it >>again, and then the front would have no problems. It has
>> become apparent recently that there is a, much more simple, terminal
>> command to >>start the backend, however I have already waited about one
>> hour for myth to shut itself down, a recording is scheduled for 19:00,
>> about 45 >>minutes from now. I will let you know how that turns out,
>> and I'll remove the other README~ after the current test concludes.
>>
>> Ciao, Daryl
>>

> If it hasn't shut down after 15 mins, I think it's safe to say it's
> never going to...

I should correct that rather loose statement. Of course the backend could
be busy commflagging or something.

MythWelcome would report the status as it waits to shutdown but I was
trying to avoid mentioning that at this stage ;-) That's for another time
& thread...