[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 22:13:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 03:48 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> >

>> Well I think I have it, and it probably interests me more than you, but
>> I'm
>>
>> posting it anyway:
>>
>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -l /etc/sudoers.d
>> total 8

>  -r--r----- 1 root root 814 Aug 31 11:30 README~

>  daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo cat /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv
>>

>  %mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown, /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh
>>

> Looks fine. For extra credit, delete the README~ file. It
> has no value (does no harm either.)
>
> Now if you can just get your backend to detect an idle condition,
> you can move on to the next problem ;)
>

> --
> Bill

Did the log not identify that idle conditions were detected? There have
been times, days ago that I would open the frontend only to get a prompt,
"could not connect to backend, is it running" my backend starts
automatically, so I would just close the front, open the back and close it
again, and then the front would have no problems. It has become apparent
recently that there is a, much more simple, terminal command to start the
backend, however I have already waited about one hour for myth to shut
itself down, a recording is scheduled for 19:00, about 45 minutes from now.
I will let you know how that turns out, and I'll remove the other README~
after the current test concludes.

Ciao, Daryl