[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythmusic - possible file corruption?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Wed Sep 4 20:03:37 UTC 2013

On 9/4/13 8:14 PM, Jason Kitching wrote:
> Before I create a possible bug ticket has anyone ever witnessed, or
> have any idea into the following?
>
> This afternoon I dropped all the mythmusic tables in mythconverg, in
> an attempt to get mythmusic to recognize new ID3 tags
>
> I then restarted Mythfrontend and imported music files via
> Extras/Tools/Import.
>
> Toward the end of the import, it came back with Failed pop up and no
> files were added.
>
> I tried this several times and had the same result, so I did a restore
> from my latest backup.
>
> Since then, I have noticed that nearly half of my music collection has
> disappeared from the hard drive. The file names still exist but the
> file size is showing as 0.kb
>
> This has affected both FLAC and mp3 files. I have looked at the file
> properties, and they have a modified date of around the original
> Import time.
>
> Now I realise that dropping the tables in the first place wouldn't
> solve my ID3 issue, but surely that can't be reason as to why half my
> music files are now corrupt?
>
> Jason

Jason,
Coincidentally last evening I was forced to do exactly the same like You
(truncate all mythmusic tables and rescan my 33k+ music files).

Why:
Generally mythmusic scan don't blocks screensaver.
My FE sleeps after 10min of inactivity.
In past, when I was initially scan my 33k files  - it took longer than
10min.
At that time, when FE sleeps/resumed - scan was interrupted and needs to
be kick again.
Kicking again results in some double records in DB :-(
Yesterday I discover this so I was forced to clean DB and rescan files -
this time I make sure without any interruptions.

Process went without issue and 0.27 import all my 33k files without
single issue....

br