[mythtv-users] Moving xmltv data 1 hour back on one channel

zag FP zagor.fp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 09:22:31 UTC 2013

Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:07:23 +0100
> From: Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Moving xmltv data 1 hour back on one
>         channel
>

> On 02/09/13 17:49, zag FP wrote:
>
> > Or is there a way to ask mythtv to have one only channel with a
> scheduling
> > always set at 60min early?
> >
> If this is an actual "plus one" channel then there are ways that the xmltv
> software can generate the offset schedules automatically. This is done
> using a
> particular format xmltvid (at least here in the UK).
>
> Since this channel exists, and apparently doesn't have the correct
> scheduling
> data available, this indicates a problem with the xmltv data collection
> for your
> country - which you didn't specify, I might point out. You may get better
> service if you take your query over to their own mailing list (xmltv).

Mike, thanks for your answer.
I'm from Italy (forgot to mention, sorry, thansk for pointing out) and I'm
in touch with the guy responsible for the Italian grabber. Unfortunately he
has very limited time to spare, these days, so while waiting for him to fix
the grabber, I'm looking for a viable solution/script to copy the "Cinema
+1" xmltv data to a new channel "Cinema" with the data shifted back one
hour.
Or I can load the "Cinema +1" data also to "Cinema" and then find a way to
ask MythTV to consider the data for the "Cinema" channel to be one hour
forward, and therefore when recordin from "Cinema" MythTV should
automatically start and end the recording one hour earlier.

I hope it's clearer now.
Thanks!