[mythtv-users] How to dump raw EPG from SchedulesDirect

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Tue Sep 3 22:55:13 UTC 2013

I want to confirm that Schedules Direct data includes "Descriptive Video
Service" aka "Audio Description" for programs that contain it. I think I
saw somewhere where I could run the grabber directly and save the output
to a file, but I am not finding it now. Perhaps I should learn to use
XMLTV directly?

I think that Mythtv does not have the ability to use the "Descriptive
Video Service" tag since the "CC" tag seems to be contained in a column
in the database and I don't see any column that looks like "Descriptive
Video Service". Still, I might be able to right a script to detect this
myself. I want this so that I can capture the SAP channel during
encoding with HandBrake and tag the recording so that I know it is there
when I watch it in XBMC (or myth).

Thanks for any pointers.

Frank