[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Sep 3 16:41:39 UTC 2013

Hi *
FYI,
2 weeks ago I upgraded from 0.26 to 0.27-fixes.

Well, I must admit I have problems to find single area to complain about
0.27.

Since 2 weeks so far no single issue in production environment.

Just to name few easiest noticeable improvements:
-plainly LOVE new notification center.
-FEs (ION1) runs even more smooth. Loading list of 2000+ recordings now
is instant.
-rescheduling 1100+ shows is over 2x faster.
-LiveTV is really rock-solid (albeit I still wish zapping might be
little faster ;-p)
-Really like mythstream reliability improvements with some exotic
radio-streams.
-Mem. consumption is noticeably lower (i.e. BE recording 16 concurrent
HD streams consumes 350MB vs 500-800MB in 0.26).

For me this is best release ever (I'm since 0.16).

A HUGE THX for devs for this excellent software.

My advice: go, grab it and give it run. You'll be pleasantly surprised
how far MythTV went with reliability and slickness!

good luck!