[mythtv-users] mythtvarchive fails on "Burn DVD Rewritable (Force Erase)"

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Sep 2 09:34:20 UTC 2013

On 01/09/13 19:40, Bob Shanteau wrote:
> I just installed MythTV 0.26.0 using RPM Fusion on Fedora 19. I edited
> the mythburn.py file according to Ticket 11561.
>
> After archiving a TV show to an iso file, I can go into Archive
> Utilities->Burn DVD and burn a fully blanked DVD-RW disk using "Burn DVD
> Rewritable", but if I then try to burn the same DVD-RW disk (that now
> has the show on it) using "Burn DVD Rewritable (Force Erase)",
> mytharchive fails. All I see is the screen with a blank log and an Exit
> button.
>
> Is this a known bug? I didn't find it in my search.
>
> Bob Shanteau

It looks as if you are exploring capabilities here, rather than trying
to save some precious recording, but if you have an .iso image there are
other tools that would probably do that job.  I haven't used rewritable
disks, but I use k3b;  that offers burn-and-verify, and I also use
implantisomd5.  I suppose it's overkill, and it takes a bit longer, but
it works.  I've had trouble with 'own-brand' blanks, though.

John P