[mythtv-users] Hauppauge grey remote with homemade serial IR receiver in MythTV 0.26 and Fedora 19

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 19:59:03 UTC 2013

On 8/25/2013 7:17 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 26 August 2013 04:54, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have installed MythTV in Fedora 19 on a test box mostly following these instructions, except using RPM Fusion and the Software Install GUI instead of yum:
>> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora>
>>
>> Now I want to get my Hauppauge grey remote working with a homemade serial receiver, which are currently working in MythDora 12.23, but I have not been successful. I copied lircd.conf and .lircrc from the MythDora installation to /etc/lirc and ~, respectively, on the test box, but what now? (I've listed those files below my signature.)
>>
>> The documentation on the lirc.org page is not working right now, so I installed lirc-docs. Those instructions assume you are compiling LIRC from scratch, which I am not. According to this page, the LIRC modules are already in the kernel.
>> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC>
>
> I lost mine yesterday when I made the terrible mistake of plugging a USB to RS232 adapter to my PC. LIRC stopped working then (I use an happauge MCE adapter).

Could we please get back on-topic? I am using a serial homemade
receiver, not an MCE receiver, and I am using Fedora 19, not Ubuntu. So
all this stuff about hardware.conf and so forth does not apply to my
problem. And does Fedora even use ir-keytables?

I have installed LIRC, but  I just tried running "ls -la /dev/lirc*" and
there were no such files. So I'm not even getting to first base.

Bob Shanteau