[mythtv-users] 0.27 Frontend for Windows

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:47:04 UTC 2013

On 10/30/13 8:50 AM, Xander Victory wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 7:44 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Xander Victory
>> <lexvictory at yahoo.com.au <mailto:lexvictory at yahoo.com.au>> wrote:
>>
>>     I will attempt to compile for 0.27 on the weekend (I'm the one
>>     behind the windows builds on sourceforge)
>>
>>     I never managed to get 0.26 to compile with my cross compile
>>     system, but I'll resort to using a virtual machine if I need to.
>>     (QT compiling usually takes too much memory on windows for me)
>>

>> Xander, if it helps, when I looked at this some months ago, the
>> Windows script with 0.27 had a compile issue which was related to the
>> FFmpeg configure script thinking more than one thread model was
>> enabled (pthreads and w32thread?)  and refusing to continue.  I
>> didn't investigate further than that though.
>
> Well after many failures thanks to something in my Gentoo host's cross
> compilers I finally managed some success using an Ubuntu chroot!
> It needs testing obviously, because as mentioned I still run 0.25 and
> can only test that the exe starts up.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvwindows/files/v0.27-41-g1224f05/mythtv-v0.27-41-g1224f05-w32.zip/download
> (no plugins, see below)
>
> The plugins appear to have been built (I used the packaging script)
> but of course I have no way of testing them.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvwindows/files/v0.27-41-g1224f05/mythtv-v0.27-41-g1224f05-w32-WITH-plugins.zip/download
>
> Please let me know how it goes!
>
> As for the threads issue, adding --enable-pthreads to myth's configure
> makes it work, so seems to be an error message fail.
> I still need to do a bit of work before I can automate it like the
> other builds.

Tried it last night, it kept looping back to the configuration screen.
After twisting in the wind a bit, I noticed that Norton was getting
upset with registry changes.
As it was late, I packed it in for the night. Hopefully, I'll get to it
today and see if I can beat Norton into obedience with my and MythTV's
wishes.