[mythtv-users] mythbackend segfaulted. What should I gather to report?

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Thu Oct 31 04:50:15 UTC 2013

I recently upgraded to Fedora 19 (32 bit) and MythTV .27. FWIW, the system has 3GB, with an 8 GB swap file.

I also, just a couple of days ago:

Added a HDHomerun w/ CableCard, three tuners.

Switched the inputs on my pcHDTV and Hauppauge 2250 to antenna. These got their own new video source, with different-numbered channels.

I did some test recordings on the two sources, and they worked fine. My first "real" recording on the HDHR worked fine.

I'm still wasn't terribly sure of things, and I was curious, so I simultaneously recorded the same program on the antenna source (pcHDTV) and the HDHR. Not right away, but within a few minutes, the back end segfaulted.

I restarted the back end and replicated this.

There was some trace text, seemingly memory related, in /var/log/messages. I could not find a core file, though. /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.(yaddayadda) had some information on what was going on up to the fault.

How do I best report this crash? Is there a place where core files get saved, or is the trace in /var/log/messages enough?