[mythtv-users] All clear QAMs gone in Portland, OR

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Wed Oct 30 05:43:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 17:36 +0000, Stefan Jones wrote:

> I don't know yet what recording restrictions have been placed on the cable channels. I started a couple of recordings last night, but they were both regular networks. When I get home I'm going to edit my channels and encoder priorities a bit, and then try to record some of the extended cable channels.

Bet you don't like what you find.  I'm not even on Comcast and I hate
em.  All of the Comcast properties on my Suddenlink feed are hosed.  All
marked Copy-Once so no "Free HD" for me.  Snarknado is 'Premium'
protected content in their view.  As are the losers on MSNBC.  Even
crappy channels like Chiller are locked out and it is only SD.  But it
is in a higher tier so isn't clear QAM and thus locked even with a
Prime.  Oxygen SD and HD... gone. (Not that I care but it is the thought
that counts.)