[mythtv-users] Way to tell BE came up after power fail?

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Tue Oct 29 12:18:49 UTC 2013

On 28/10/13 20:18, Craig Huff wrote:
> I'd still like a better way to tell that the system came up due to
> power being restored, but at this point it looks like I'd have to pull
> out a soldering iron and build a flip-flop tied to an unused signal
> line (e.g. CTS/RTS on a serial port) and resettable under program
> control such that the signal is set when power fail / restore occurs
> and gets cleared by program control after using the info to do
> appropriate processing (e.g. re-enable shutdowns).
>
> If anyone reads this and has an idea for an existing way to detect
> boot-up on power restore, I'd love to hear about it (e.g. BIOS info or
> something gleaned from somewhere in the /sys or /proc subdirectory trees).

Go find the cheapest UPS you can and never have it fail on running of juice.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\