[mythtv-users] Missing tables in mythconverg after upgrade to 0.27 on Ubuntu

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 27 23:54:36 UTC 2013

On 10/26/2013 12:17 PM, Oz Dror wrote:
> When I try to back up my DB with
>
>  mythconverg_backup.pl --verbose
>
> I get:
>
> mysqldump exited with status: 2
> mysqldump output:
> mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table 'mythconverg.music_radios' doesn't
> exist when using LOCK TABLES
>
> I am actually missing this table.
>
> Is there a way to restore an empty mythconverg.music_radios so tha I
> will not have this error any more.

No, this is saying that something that should exist has been forcibly
removed out from under MySQL.  You can't repair this--only re-create
everything.

> More generally. I believe that I have a few other corrupt tales in the DB.
> is there an mysql command to restore these tables. Where is the
> initial DB mysql setup for each table.

Your schema is corrupt to the point where you shouldn't trust anything
in it.  You should do a partial database restore, as described at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
, to throw away the schema and all data except non-recreatable data
(recordings and recording history).

To do this, you will need a database backup.  Your best bet is to use
the last database backup you created before the schema/database was
corrupted.  If you haven't been doing proper database backups, you will
have to "walk through" running mythconverg_backup.pl, finding out what
table causes errors (i.e. "Table 'mythconverg.music_radios' doesn't
exist") and then responding to the error (forcibly drop the music_radios
table).  If you're lucky, you won't lose any critical tables (and if you
have questions about whether the ones you lose will cause problems, feel
free to send a list of which ones you had to drop).

The alternative (which is likely the easiest approach if you are just
starting with MythTV) is to start over with a completely new/empty
database.  After doing this, just stick the (few--because you just
started using MythTV) recordings you want to keep into Video Library for
watching.

Mike