[mythtv-users] Way to tell BE came up after power fail?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 21:35:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now you have all the gory details.  Any further suggestions would be
> welcomed.

I am going back to trying to get the blaster to work.

First, make sure you have the latest driver and firmware for the
iguana device (1.1.0 I think).  There have been some fixes in
the driver and the firmware over the years, a few of which, as
I recall, could be startup related.  Flashing the firmware may
require installing additional packages.  And then change the
udev rule line 'RUN = "/usr/share/iguanaIR/rescan"' to be
'RUN = "/usr/share/iguanaIR/rescan --all"'

I seem to recall from the iguanaworks wiki/ticket system
that there were a couple of other tricks to try.  You might
want to go look there (or open a ticket with them).

Gary