[mythtv-users] Firewire and HDHomeRun Prime to Comcast stopped working

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 21:11:45 UTC 2013

On 10/15/2013 3:51 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Bob Shanteau <rmshant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a Comcast HDTV Motorola DCH3200 tuner as well as an HDHomeRun Prime connected to my MythBuntu 0.27 frontend/backend box with all updates installed. Yesterday playback appeared a bit jerky on the DCH 3200 tuner and now today I get no playback file at all. And for the last couple of days, HDTV programs recorded on the HDHomeRun Prime have stuttered and are unwatchable.
> Have you checked the logs for interesting messages?

Where do I find those log files? I run MythBuntu 12.04.3.

What happens is that when I try to record certain HDTV channels on the
DCH 3200 tuner through Firewire, I get an empty file. I have not found a
workaround.

As far as the stuttering, I found that the audio stutters only when I do
NOT use VDPAU with my NVIDIA GE210 video card. But when I DO use VDPAU,
the audio does not stutter but it often gets out of sync with the video.
I used to use MythDora, and I found that audio and video stayed sync
with High Quality playback with no stuttering. I expected the same with
MythBuntu, but for some reason MythBuntu appears to have more overhead
or something.

Bob Shanteau