[mythtv-users] Way to tell BE came up after power fail?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 00:07:30 UTC 2013

I have discovered that my IR transceiver device instance in /dev doesn't
get properly created after a power failure until the second time the system
is brought up.  I'm looking for something to tell programmatically that the
system came up for the first time after a power failure (or the power was
shut off) as opposed to an normal shutdown and reboot from S4/S5.

Does anyone know of something in /proc or /sys that I could read that would
indicate this condition so I can force a reboot automatically (I'm
especially concerned with the case when I'm not around to do it manually)?
In the meantime, I'm searching /proc and /sys and googling.  If I find
something, I'll report back.

--
Craig.