[mythtv-users] MobileMyth v.6 Released

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 03:13:52 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you do come across anything let me know.
>
> I updated web.config to add:
>
>            <customErrors mode="Off">^M
>            </customErrors>^M
>
> after that I was able to get a more informative error page:
>
> Application Exception
> System.NullReferenceException
> Object reference not set to an instance of an object

> Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or
> object): App_Web_45z51uko.
> Exception stack trace:
>   at shows.Page_Init (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
> [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive (System.Web.UI.Control
> namingContainer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext
> context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
> Version Information: 3.0.6 (Debian 3.0.6+dfsg2-4); ASP.NET Version:
> 4.0.30319.17020
>
> Well, I hope it's more informative.  It doesn't really tell me much.
> That was going to the recordings page.  The guide, upcoming, and
> status pages give:
>
> Application Exception
> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
> Connection refused

> Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or
> object): System.
> Exception stack trace:
>   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP)
> [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>   at System.Net.WebConnection.Connect (System.Net.HttpWebRequest
> request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>
> While the videos page doesn't produce an error.  It just shows white
> in the center portion of the page with the navigation buttons above
> and below.
>
> Eric

Well, jumping back a bit, what version of MythTV are you running?  (>=.25
right?)  Have you been able to get to the initial settings page to enter
your backend information?  If you are using the hostname, try doing it by
IP.  Some people have had issues with hostnames not resolving for some
reason.

Jon