[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 22 22:15:42 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 04:57 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 10/22/2013 09:36 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>>
>>> I have had some time to look into this a bit more.
>>>
>>> Mythweb tells me this:
>>> Last mythfilldatabase run started on Mon Oct 21, 10:08 PM and ended on
>>> Mon Oct 21, 10:08 PM. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data
>>> into the Guide for 1 of 2 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber
>>> failure.
>>>
>> This is a meaningless warning that should just be removed.
>>
>>> Source 2 was setup in Mythtv 0.26 and ran fine.  After upgrade to 0.27,
>>> this stopped working.  If run mythfilldatabase manually or enter
>>> mythtv-setup and exit and prompted to run mythfilldatabase it run
>>> successfully.
>>>
>>> Could there be something in this No Grabber setup (the db has the grabber
>>> set to /bin/true when I look there)?
>>>
>> Because it only looks to see what has new data and doesn't consider any of
>> the multitude of why's, such as the fact that the source isn't supposed to
>> get new data.
>>
>> As for your original question: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/555721#555721
>>
> Thanks Mike,
>
> However, I think my original question is wrong now.  From my log entries,
> it looks to be running and the backend seems to think it is successful.
>   However, nothing new ever gets inserted/updated when run from the
> mythtv-backend process.
>
> Running stand alone works fine.  Is there some extra logging i can enable
> to try and find some output that is showing the failure?

If you don't wait long enough--meaning you run stand alone, then wait
until TMS uploads more data to their servers, then let the automated run
complete--that's the behavior you'd get.  (And is another reason I hate
that warning--because even when everything is working right, you may not
get new data, because there may not be any new data.)  So, basically,
you should wait 2 days/2 automatic runs after the last manual run to
determine whether the automatic runs are working.

Also, if you're running with --dd-grab-all (as everyone using Schedules
Direct should be, unless they have an underpowered backend/MySQL
server), and you have the data you think you should have after an
automatic run, they're working.

See:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416
for details about --dd-grab-all .

Other than that, check for anomalies in the mythfilldatabase log output,
like "Actual data from..."
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/554929#554929

Mike