[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 13:36:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 09/24/2013 07:49 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>>
>>> In v0.26, mythfilldatabase was setup to run on the schedule that
>>> schedulesdirect indicated. This was setup in mythtv-setup and was carried
>>> over to v0.27.  I verified the settings after upgrade.
>>>
>>> Now when I look at the mythfilldatabase log, I only see successful runs
>>> from when I manually run mythfilldatabase.  I am not seeing any log
>>> messages in the mythbackend log indicating mythfilldatabase has failed,
>>> or
>>> even ran for that matter.
>>>
>>> Where can I look to see why this is failing or not scheduling to run?
>>>
>>> Backend is mythbuntu 12.04 LTS.
>>>

>> Hey Dan;
>>
>> Check for the following in your backend's log:
>>
>>     Registering HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>>     Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>>     Running HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>>     HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB' Finished Successfully.
>>
>> I *believe* mythfilldatabase is only being called with
>> it's configured path and arguments (e.g. --dd-grab-all)
>> as set in mythtv-setup. It doesn't appear to inherit
>> the logging options from the backend.
>>
>> I don't see any mythfilldatabase.* logfiles either. But,
>> I do have proper schedules.
>>
>> You could just add --syslog (or whatever you prefer) to
>> your existing options for mfdb.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>>

> Thanks Bill,
>
> I do see those messages in there.
>
> This might be a mythbuntu thing, but I also have a log in
> /var/logs/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log.
>
> When I run it manually, this log gets the results of manual run.
>
> I do see those message in the log, and it looks to have completed
> successfully at 4:06 am on 9/23.  I can also see that the last completed
> successfully message was on 9/21, so it looks to be running every 2 days.
>  I do not see anything in the log for my manual run at 1:06 pm on 9/23, but
> that is what mythweb indicates was the last successful run.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>

I have had some time to look into this a bit more.

Mythweb tells me this:
Last mythfilldatabase run started on Mon Oct 21, 10:08 PM and ended on Mon
Oct 21, 10:08 PM. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new data
into the Guide for 1 of 2 sources. This can indicate a potential grabber
failure.

mythbackend.log shows this:
Oct 21 22:00:26 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I CoreContext
housekeeper.cpp:677 (Run) Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
Oct 21 22:00:26 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I HouseKeeping
mythdbcon.cpp:409 (PurgeIdleConnections) New DB connection, total: 19
Oct 21 22:00:26 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I HouseKeeping
housekeeper.cpp:133 (Run) Running HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
Oct 21 22:08:33 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2093 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for MATCH 0 0 0
- MythFillDatabase
Oct 21 22:08:33 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I HouseKeeping
housekeeper.cpp:151 (Run) HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB' Finished
Successfully.
Oct 21 22:08:35 mythcenter mythbackend: mythbackend[21050]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2206 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 647 items in 1.8 = 0.45
match + 0.60 check + 0.73 place

I believe this has something to do with my second source setup.
Source 1: Schedules Direct, mapped to 6 HDHomeRun Prime inputs
Source 2: No Grabber, Mapped to HLS Tuner

Source 2 was setup in Mythtv 0.26 and ran fine.  After upgrade to 0.27,
this stopped working.  If run mythfilldatabase manually or enter
mythtv-setup and exit and prompted to run mythfilldatabase it run
successfully.

Could there be something in this No Grabber setup (the db has the grabber
set to /bin/true when I look there)?

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>