[mythtv-users] Suggestions for a partition structure

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Oct 21 18:59:19 UTC 2013

On 10/21/2013 2:31 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> You could also consider just using a single drive for the active
> system... and using the second drive as a backup using the much loved
> rsnapshot to preserve any important media and configuration files.

Unless you're planning on dedicating a pair of disks for your OS, I
would recommend this approach.  Putting your database on the same disk
as your recordings is already highly advised against.  Putting it as a
mirrored partition on a pair of recording disks would only exacerbate
the issue.

Have one disk that you use for the OS and non-recorded video storage.
Have the other disk that you use for recordings, and storage for
database backups and any other important files from your OS disk.