[mythtv-users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 --> Mythweb down

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 01:31:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Rick <rick at laity.ca> wrote:
> I take your point, I'm running 2.4.6 on F19.  I did read apache 2.2 but
> never gave it another thought.  It looks like every distro, of the common
> ones I checked, except the long lived enterprise distros switched over to
> 2.4 within the last year.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (a *very* commonly used distro for MythTV
users since some people seem to want long term appliances)
shipped with Apache 2.2 as I recall (I do not use Ubuntu,
so I could easily be wrong).  I suspect the next LTS will
default to 2.4, but that is not scheduled to ship until mid-2014.

If you have the choice/chance, do the patch.  It will help
everyone moving forward.  And you can get some of your
15 minutes of fame (from anyone who actually reads the
commit logs).

Gary