[mythtv-users] file to flash

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Oct 20 01:20:14 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Eric, I finally got how to execute your script on one of my files,
> and according to my BE log it was successful, but I can't find it

I'm assuming you modified the script to look for one of your
automountable file systems rather than one of mine.  Maybe you should
post your version of the script as well as whatever your're using as
the converter script.

For debugging this, I'd definitely recommend making sure that you can
run the script on the command line.  You should see the list of
arguments passed to the script in /tmp/videoexport.log.  Just run the
script from the command line with the same arguments and see what
happens.

You can also run it as:

sh -x /usr/local/bin/videoexport ...

The "sh -x" bit in front will cause the shell to print out each line
it's executing so you can see what it's doing.

Eric