[mythtv-users] New HDHR with H.264 hardware transcoder?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Oct 18 19:55:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For the US market, there will be 4 total models.  The matrix will be
>> transcoder/notranscoder, vs 2-tuner ATSC/QAM/4-tuner QAM/CableCard.
>>

> How come they max out at 2-tuner models? A 4-tuner model would fantastic.

I think you misread what Gary wrote.  The cable card version of the
tuner will have four tuners.

This is a pretty nice little box.  If the quality is good, having
H.264 transcoding done in hardware will be a really nice benefit to
both save space and to allow easier playback on mobile devices.

I wonder what the release date for the CC box will be?

Eric