[mythtv-users] diagnosing HDHome Run Prime zero byte recordings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 23:14:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Larry Roberts
<mythtv at american-hero.com> wrote:
> Something that "may" be interesting is that periodically in the logs since I
> rebooted the HDHRP I see this:
>
> 20131017-20:44:54 CableCARD: copy_protection/cp_valid_cnf timeout error
> (cchost_copy_protection:597)
> 20131017-20:44:54 CableCARD: technical error 53 (cchost_copy_protection:597)

>From other reports, this is likely a bad CableCard.  First thing to
try, exchange it (and do the Validate dance with the cable company).

If you continue to get such errors, I would turn on diagnostics (so
they get the logs, if your Prime can access outside websites in
order to post them), wait for a occurrence, and open a ticket with
SiliconDust (the logs they get will help them diagnose the issue).

Gary