[mythtv-users] diagnosing HDHome Run Prime zero byte recordings

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 17:01:27 UTC 2013

On 10/17/13 12:08 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>> I *strongly* recommend the HP 2626
> I would instead suggest the HP 2824 or 2848, also available
> reasonably cheap at your usual "new to you" marketplace.
> 24 (or 48) ports of gigabit.  Managed.  Layer 3 capable (although
> with many limitations).  IGMP snooping.  No IPv6 MLD snooping
> though.  Basically no IPv6 support :-(
>
> Gary

My home network runs off of a Cisco C4006 core, with a secondary C2948G.
The only non-Cisco switch I have is for my Apple Airport Extreme and my
ISP's router.
Currently, my HDHR Prime is hanging off of that router's switch with no
problem, but it's on my to-do list to run its own dedicated cable to a
gbic on the core switch, as the servers already have.

Basically, I turned my old networking lab into my home production lab.