[mythtv-users] [OT] Problem getting recordings working with NFS

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Oct 17 12:46:10 UTC 2013

On 10/16/13 11:33 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I am no expert at all with NFS, but I just checked my working
>
>     /etc/exports, and the thing that I can see that is different is the
>     fsid values.  Your first (root) entry should be fsid=0, and all the
>     others should be different integer values.  The fsid identifies the
>     filesystem and has to be different for each entry.  I just have mine
>     as 0, 1, and 2.
>
> Thanks so much, you hit the nail right on the head! The problem was
> indeed because I had duplicate fsid values. Are you sure you're not an
> expert :)

I've been using NFS for many years, and have never seen a need for the
fsid parameter. IMHO, it's probably best to just leave it out and let
NFS derive a number by itself. It will use either the UUID or the device
number. It's only in the rare case where a particular device has neither
of these that you need to add this parameter.