[mythtv-users] diagnosing HDHome Run Prime zero byte recordings

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 11:32:21 UTC 2013

On 10/17/13 5:09 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 17/10/13 01:58, Larry Roberts wrote:
>> So I switched from a PVR350 to an HDHome Run Prime and all has been
>> well other
>> than after a random period of time I will start getting zero byte
>> recordings.
>>
>> If I go and reboot the HDHRP box it starts working again, until a
>> random time,
>> perhaps a day perhaps 3-4 days later when I start getting 0 byte
>> files.  In
>> searching the logs I see this, which appears to be the only
>> "interesting" bit
>> about one of the recordings that failed.
>>
>> 2013-10-16 20:00:00.619191 E [1937/760] HDHRStreamHandler
>> dtvsignalmonitor.cpp:321 (HandlePAT) - DTVSM(131852AD-2): Program #0
>> not found
>> in PAT!
>> Program Association Section
>>   PSIP tableID(0x0) length(13) extension(0x0)
>>        version(1) current(1) section(0) last_section(0)
>>        tsid(0) programCount(1)
>>    program number     1 has PID 0x0031
>>
> This invariably means that the broadcaster has changed something being
> sent out such that the list of channels which you originally scanned
> no longer matches what is being transmitted.
>
> So, yes, it is nothing you have done but the mismatch means that myth
> may have problems finding the correct channel to tune. It may be a new
> channel added or one moved or renamed/renumbered.
>
> One possible cause is channels which are only part-time, ie they
> aren't there when you did the scan during the day but are there when
> you come to record in the evening (or vice versa). In the UK we get
> this situation with the children's channels, for example.
>
> The only option is to rescan again, I'm afraid.

Noticed mine doing that, then noticed one channel I recorded was a
"service is still available", when I tuned to it with my STB, was that
Verizon dropped the G4 channel and appears to have added another
elsewhere that wasn't mapped.

While the universe has many constants, life only has one constant: change.