[mythtv-users] file to flash

laughlin_jb at hotmail.com laughlin_jb at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 09:27:51 UTC 2013

If I remember correctly, there is an option in the backend to enable user jobs on the frontend(s).  The command you use to define the user job in the backend includes tokens (e.g. %DIR%).  Those tokens are how mythtv knows what augments to appy to the script being called.  The tokens are specific to the descreet recording being affected, such as recording directory (%DIR%), recording (%FILE%), title (%TITLE%), ect.  If you call the script manually from the command line, you need to define those as was decribed earlier.

Since this particular discussion is regarding a job that would be run after you've tweeked the cutlist, you probably don't want to set this job up as part of the recording rule.  That is the other way to run user jobs; when you set up the recording rule, under post processing, you can define what user jobs are run after the recording completes.

Thank-you Beth that clears things up. I haven't seen this option as yet because I have no user jobs defined yet. Right?

Daryl