[mythtv-users] disecq not showing

Bram Kortleven bram at bramkortleven.be
Tue Oct 15 18:24:04 UTC 2013

I have a problem since a clean re-install (due to mpeg blocks/stuttering on all channels):

I have 3 different DVB-S2 cards:
- TechnoTrend S2-3200 PCI (I have 2 of these) with CI module
- AnySee E7S2 with CI internal USB
- a CX23885 PCI-e based card with internal CI module of which I forgot make and model

All three cards have the same issue with the stuttering, tested in 2 boxes (1 AMD X2-240 box with 4GB DDR2 and 1 Core2Duo 8300 with 4GB DDR2), with 2 copies of a MythBuntu 12.04 (one with an old database upgraded-upgraded from 0.19 up until 0.26 and a recently-reinstalled-with-re-inserted recordinginfo/data MythBuntu 12.04)

Now to try and figure out the root cause of the issues, I completely re-did the installation, with the 3 cards in the machine, from scratch: Ubuntu 12.04 server x64

Issue is now:
- When trying to add the cards, only 2 show up /dev/dvb/adaptor0 and /dev/dvb/adaptor1
- When trying to add the cards, it shows 'Could not get card info for card' 'Unknown Error' -> I had this before, and it was due to the CAM modules already seated, or something like that, but I always managed scanning and watching/recording TV
- The Disecq part is just MISSING! No button, no possibility! As I have a dual head, switching between Astra1 and Astra3 by Disecq commands, I really need it!
- Even without the Disecq, I'm not able to scan anything...

I tried removing all but one card, but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?
I'm going to reinstall with a i386 x86 instead of a x86_64 based Ubuntu Server 12.04, but not sure if it will solve anything.

Thanks everyone for helping me to try and solve my kinda-big-problem.