[mythtv-users] Can't simultaneously record two programs with 3 (or 4) available tuners v2

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Oct 15 13:06:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-14, at 11:40 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>
>> I've never used an HVR-2550
>
> That is probably a good reason for you to hang back at this point.

Well, ok, but you're going on and on about tuner numbering, which
isn't quite as bad as you make it out to be.  Yes, the cards are not
guaranteed to have the same number on every boot, but that doesn't
mean that it's going to be 50/50 how things get numbered.  With a
particular kernel and consistent hardware, the numbering may appear to
be consistent or nearly so.

So, he's posted about a problem he's having, and you posted a solution
to a different problem that so far has been asymptomatic for him.  I
don't think me hanging back is a good idea for the goal of reducing
confusion.

Eric