[mythtv-users] How do I get full frame rate?

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Oct 13 01:28:49 UTC 2013

I had an ATI HD4850 that I was having trouble with dropped frames on (and other issues) that I just replaced with an NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 760.

I have just tried all combinations of decoders & renderer with no de-interlacer enabled on a 720P live auto race (it had a
scrolling leader board that allowed me to tell if it was dropping frames) I had a second monitor tuned to the same channel
driven by a Centronics ZAT502HD digital tuner that does not drop frames for comparison.
The best I got was with the Nvidia decoder, and that appears to be 15 frames per second. I even went so far as to connect the
Centronics tuner to the computers monitor, and proved that the problem was not the monitor.

The system is an Intel Core I7 CPU 920 running at 2.67 GHz, 6 GB RAM doing nothing else.
The display is a Dell 3008WFP 2560x1600/60 monitor connected by dual link DVI.
I'm running the 325.8 64 bit NVIDIA driver.

What am I missing?