[mythtv-users] Mytharchive: "Failed to run mythtranscode to remove unwanted segments"

Bob Shanteau rmshant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:39:39 UTC 2013

I just submitted this bug but perhaps someone on this list has already
encountered and solved this problem:

---
When trying to create an iso file from a recorded program with a
cutlist, I get this error message in the log:

"Failed to run mythtranscode to remove unwanted segments"

Also, mytharchive hangs with newfile2.mpg at 0 bytes.

I recorded the program in SDTV using an HDHomerun Prime off Comcast with
a CableCard.

I tried this under both MythTV 0.27 and 0.28 in a fresh install of
MythBuntu 12.04.3 and after updating the system.
---

Bob Shanteau