[mythtv-users] CEC with KDL32EX600 TV

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Oct 11 12:49:13 UTC 2013

On 11 October 2013 21:43, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/10/11 Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
> > On 10/11/2013 5:21 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> >>
> >> I want to know if I need libcec1 or libcec2 package to get working with
> >> mythtv.
> >

> > Honestly, it's not worth worrying about unless you actually intend to
> expand
> > the CEC support in MythTV, in which case you can have it use which ever
> > version you want.  The only thing MythTV currently does with CEC is allow
> > you to define a keypress that will toggle the power of what it thinks is
> the
> > TV.
> >

> Thanks Raymond,
>
> I just want to power on/off and change the volume of the TV.
>
> So, could I install libcec2? I see that there is a "cec-utils"
> (depends with libcec2) packages that provide some friendly commands.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

I had similar issues as per

https://github.com/bramp/libcec-daemon (requires libcec2 though)

on my Sony KDL-32BX320 is mostly working for me haven't yet worked out how
to specify a key press for the menu command as this is a secondary frontend
thats all I really need curently only Arrow keys and Select works, which is
enough to playback recordings.

Cheers,

Anthony