[mythtv-users] PCTV 290e DVB-T2 NanoStick not working with 0.25

PJR pjrobinson at metronet.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 12:39:19 UTC 2013

On 10/10/13 11:05, Stuart Morgan wrote:

> On Thursday 10 Oct 2013 09:22:22 PJR wrote:
>
> > The 290e used to work with my 11.10 mythtv, why doesn't it work with
> 12.04?
>

> As others have stated, there was a bug in the driver (kernel) supplied
> with 12.04. You might think about upgrading again to 13.10 (13.04 at a
> minimum). You're trading real stability as the result of bug fixes for
> the illusion of stability by sticking with an older release.
>

> --
>
> Stuart Morgan
>
> MythTV

Thanks for the numerous responses.  I've solved the problem by
rebuilding all the DVB device drivers using the script from
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git.  Had to install a couple of
additional packages before it would run but then it ran without error.
After installing the drivers, again using the script I rebooted and ran
mythbackend which now finds the 290e device correctly, a channel scan
finds all the channels including the HD channels; I've also tried using
mythfrontend and all is ok.  I'll look into the alternatives of
upgrading to 13.10 but at least I have a way out if it then doesn't work.