[mythtv-users] Mythtv frontend on PPC

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 08:47:19 UTC 2013

On 10 October 2013 19:24, OM Ugarcina <mo.ucina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Much appreciate the advice. Since I already have the computer , it does not hurt to try . Anyway it is a learning exercise as much as anything else. Is there a guide on how to do the compile with these perl build scripts . I think I will try that first since I only want the front-end . I understand that mac ports tries to build the whole thing ( May resort to this if all else fails ). Please point me to where the guides are (with commands I need to execute) and where the perl scripts and source code for ppc can be found . Being a beginner with Macs I'll need a bit of hand-holding to get me started. Really appreciate your help.

You'll need to get xcode 3.1.4 that is the last one supporting PPC.

Then build myth using the instructions there:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/OSX/build

basically, it's doing:

osx-packager-qtsdk -verbose -qtsrc 4.8.5 -gcc

you need -gcc because the llvm compiler in this version of xcode is very buggy

it will fail retrieving the Qt source code, so when it fails, retrieve
the archive: http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.5/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz

and copy that file into
.osx-packager/src

and re-run the command:
osx-packager-qtsdk -verbose -qtsrc 4.8.5 -gcc

good luck.

be prepared to wait a very long time