[mythtv-users] 0.27 and AirPlay

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:11:11 UTC 2013

On 9 October 2013 02:02, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> So, does .27 AirPlay work for you or not?  Thanks,

It works great :)

I was just thinking:
did you by any chance check the audio only in frontend -> Setup ->
General ; page 7 : AirPlay settings
"only support Airtunes" checked?

Early in 0.26 code; I made a mistake in calculating the Bonjour Id
used to set the name of the service of the network. AirPlay uses two
different service name to define AirPlay: one for audio (AirTunes) and
one for video. They both need to have the same id for iOS or iTunes to
present them as a single device; otherwise it will either not show at
all, or show two different devices.

You can determine the AirPlayId used by your frontend running the
following MySQL command:

SELECT hostname,data FROM settings WHERE value='AirPlayId';

If you see the same hostname more than once; there's an issue.

You can delete all those values to force recalculating them with:

DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='AirPlayId';

make sure the frontend isn't running when running the SQL commands,
otherwise it will be recreated as it was before

then restart the frontend.

FWIW, I have it both running on my production system (0.27: three
frontends) and my dev box (a mac on 10.9, running a 0.28 combo)
works fine on all of them