[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.27 - IPTV

Lincoln lincoln at performaplus.co.nz
Tue Oct 8 20:49:20 UTC 2013

Hi there folks.

Does anyone have a working IPTV setup going from VLC into mythtv 0.27?
I use a dreambox and was using VLC to remux the http transport stream
into a udp transport stream, which is just streamed to 127.0.0.1. Mythtv
0.26 was receiving this ok but I can't seem to be able to stream
anything from VLC into mythtv 0.27.
Not sure if this is my setup at fault or whether it is a fault, so I'm
wondering if someone does have a working setup, could they share their
playlist.m3u and the vlc settings that they're using.

A simple working playlist I tested in 0.26 was this:
---
#EXTM3U
udp://192.168.1.199:5004
#EXTINF:0,106 - localudp1
---
with vlc streaming this: cvlc http://<dreamboxhost:port> --sout
'#transcode{}:udp{mux=ts,dst=127.0.0.1:1234}' --sout-keep

I've tried streaming a bunch of different videos with various options,
udp and rtp, but I can't seem to get anything to come up in mythtv. I
can play the stream with another instance of VLC no problem.

Would love to hear from anyone who has this working.

Cheers,

Lincoln.