[mythtv-users] No More Free DTAs From Comcast

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 7 15:22:40 UTC 2013

On 9/20/2013 9:52 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> ... She swore by all that Comcast holds holy
>> that it wasn't.
>>
>> Wait, that's not much of a promise. I'll have to see what happens on my next
>> bill.
> And the next, and the next.  I have seen Comcast make magic
> adjustments in their bills when things change or they decide
> they were not billing you correctly in the first place.  This is
> especially true for people with "unusual" combinations of services
> (such as people who rent CableCards, or do not have the
> Xfinity HD STBs, or those who have Boxees and will need
> an E-DTAs, etc.)  The special people always cause billing
> challenges/anomalies.
>
> But otherwise, great news.
>
> Gary

One last post to the thread before putting it to bed. Got my next bill.
No sign of the hated HD Programming Fee and my second cable card was
indeed just $1. So that's good news.

But thanks to Gary I carefully looked over the bill and sure enough,
they were still charging me for two DTAs even though I turned one back
in. The nice man on the phone said I'd get a credit. Sigh.

Anyone watch the recent South Park featuring the "Cable Company?" Yeah,
it feels like that sometimes.