[mythtv-users] myth .27 has lost all scheduling after 8pm EDT/12midnight UTC

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 02:38:30 UTC 2013

On 10/6/13 10:26 PM, Bakula News wrote:
> haven't been reading his posts or noticed him mention this in RL.
> Reboot and re-mythfill seems to have fixed, though Jay tells me it's
> still broken. I see upcoming recordings thru the 20th.
> OS still wants to install 28 updates but I saw a bit of someone's tale
> of woe so I have not yet done so. I don't speak Linux that well...
>
> Sorry.

Folks, excuse the breach in etiquette...

I had a similar bit of qualms regarding jumping up from 0.25 to 0.26,
then noticing bugs acquiring enough seniority to qualify as a Microsoft
feature, jumped to the active release of 0.27.
I'm normally loathe to jump to a release so young, due to experience in
the enterprise world with bleeding edges of new releases of commercial
software, so it was a great leap.
All of the bugs disappeared. Might have identified a new bug, want to
double check by replication first before I report it .
But, all of the bugs that annoyed me in previous releases are gone.
Even the mythweb no play bug that kept cropping up after I applied the
known fix, but got replaced by later patches got fixed.

Every software package or system has its share of tales of woes. If we
stuck with not accepting said woes, we'd still be using Windows 3.11!
At times, one has to move forward, especially in a field where there are
limited developers and folks who will compile it for we lazy folks.
I strongly suggest you move forward to 0.27.
As well as the OP, with his distress.