[mythtv-users] transcode_stub.py and HandBrakeCLI

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 5 22:44:39 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 02:47 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> Hello MythTV people,
>
>         print 'Script must be provided jobid, or chanid and starttime.'
>         sys.exit(1)

I use HandbrakeCLI a lot and I have found an intermittent bug when
encoding to mpeg4 using ffmpeg (not from python, just a bash script, not
even on a myth tv system). Occasionally (maybe one job out of 10), it
reaches the end of the encoding job and then HandBrakeCLI continues
using 100% of one CPU, with the status output showing 99% complete. It
stays that way for hours until I kill it. I can then repair the mkv
output file with mkvmerge, and the output file is fine and is complete.
When using x264 I do not have this problem.

Peter