[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 96dpi driving me mad

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Oct 5 19:05:56 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 11:24 +0100, Al Bates wrote:
> I am running 0.26 mythbuntu.
>
> I recently updated my system (including nvidia drivers)....
> grep -i dpi /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> is reporting NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (35, 48); computed from "DisplaySize" Monitor
> but when i run
> xdpyinfo | grep resolution
> it returns
> resolution:    96x96 dots per inch
> aargh!
> i can force the resolution to change by running
> xrandr --fbmm 736x406 && xdpyinfo | grep resolution
> which results in:
> resolution:    35x48 dots per inch
> but what is forcing the 96dpi override in the first place?
>
> thanks for any help

Possibly the monitors EDID..
DPI is calculated from EDID if resolution is forced (& vice versa).

When you use the "DisplaySize" & the monitor has EDID, the reported DPI
is still used.

Need to add the following.
Option "UseEDIDDpi" "FALSE"

This could get messy if you have multiple displays & are not using
separate X screens.

Could use this to re-enable reported DPI (EDID) for specific monitor
Option "UseEdidDpi" "DFP-1"