[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu MySQL bind address for 0.27

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:29:10 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 03:53 AM, David Edwards wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure whether this is a bug with MythTV, or Mythbuntu, or a
> misconfiguration on my part, so I thought I'd share my experience
> here.
>
> I just upgraded 0.26 to 0.27 and encountered a problem when running
> mythtv-setup to trigger the schema upgrades. All other MythTV
> processes were stopped, but when I tried to run mythtv-setup, it would
> get stuck repeating the following message:
>
> I CoreContext dbcheck.cpp:463 (UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema) Waiting for
> database schema upgrade lock
>
> After a quick Google, I edited my /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf file to replace:
>
> bind-address=0.0.0.0
>
> with:
>
> bind-address= ::
>
> Restarted MySQL, reran mythtv-setup and now everything is fine.
>
> There were no error messages logged relating to connection issues
> prior to the schema upgrade issue.
>
> If anyone things this is a bug rather than a misconfiguration mistake
> on my part, please let me know which project you think this should be
> raised against.

Hi;

I'm guessing a configuration choice. Two questions:

In your config.xml file (for the user that was running mythtv-setup,)
are you using a hostname, localhost or an IP address?

   <Database>
     <Host>localhost</Host>

If you: grep label /etc/gai.conf, are any lines uncommented?

Suspecting a hostname and preference for IPv6 over IPv4.

--
Bill