[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 96dpi driving me mad

Al Bates d2a at lineone.net
Sat Oct 5 10:24:27 UTC 2013

I am running 0.26 mythbuntu.

I recently updated my system (including nvidia drivers) and one of the updates has left me with a fixed 96dpi and i can't find anywhere to override it

I've commented out the dpi from the lightdm conf files - /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
/etc/lightdm/mythbuntu-lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf etc.

grep -i dpi /var/log/Xorg.0.log

is reporting NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (35, 48); computed from "DisplaySize" Monitor

which is set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

but when i run

xdpyinfo | grep resolution

it returns

resolution:    96x96 dots per inch

aargh!

i can force the resolution to change by running

xrandr --fbmm 736x406 && xdpyinfo | grep resolution

which results in:

resolution:    35x48 dots per inch

but what is forcing the 96dpi override in the first place?

thanks for any help